Skip the in-person hackathon and make something in your free time from your dorm, apartment or anywhere else
What is Hack Anywhere?
Hack Anywhere is an online hackathon open to college students with goals to enable you to create something amazing, learn something new and gain some recognition for your work.
We know students love going to hackathons but not everyone has enough time to commit 24 hours in order to attend an event. Hack Anywhere changes that.
Presented in partnership with codeRIT
This competition is open to eligible individuals who are:
- 18 years of age or older
- A current college student (full-time or part-time)
- A resident of the 48 contiguous United States plus Washington D.C.
If you do not meet one or more of the above requirements you are not an eligible individual.
If you are not an eligible individual you will not be eligible to win prizes however, you can still submit your project. If your team contains an ineligible individual they will not be eligible to receive prizes, however everyone else who is an eligible individual will be able to receive prizes.
This competition is not open to:
- Anyone under the age of 18
- Anyone who is not a full-time or part-time college student
- Residents outside of the 48 contiguous United States plus Washington D.C.
Teams can contain between 1 and no more than 4 eligible members. If a team contains an ineligible individual that ineligible individual will not be eligible to receive prizes, however all other team members who are eligible individuals will be able to receive prizes.
You are more than welcome to team up with people from different schools.
You can submit more than one project to this competition.
Create anything your heart desires and most importantly have fun doing it :)
If you are entering a specific category your project must be relevant to that category in order to be eligible to win a prize for that category.
Each submission must:
- Contain a detailed description that explains the functionality and features of your project.
- Contain a video demo which must:
- Be less than 5 minutes.
- Include footage that clearly explains your projects features and functionality through a comprehensive demonstration.
- Be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo and be made public, and a link to the video must be provided as part of your submission.
- Not include third party trademarks, or copyrighted music or other material unless the Maker has permission to use such material.
- Not infringe on any third party’s intellectual property, including featuring names and images of people without their permission.
- Not contain any participation of anyone who is under the age of 18.
- If applicable you can add images/screenshots to enhance the explanation of your projects features and functionality.
- If applicable you may add links to GitHub repos, websites, app store downloads or any other mediums that will benefit your project.
How to enter
- Register for Hack Anywhere on Devpost.
- Build your project.
- Shoot your demo video.
- Submit your project before the competition deadline
*Remember, you can keep editing your submission up until the deadline.
More judges coming soon
Henry Saniuk, Jr.
Co-Founder & CTO, FriendlyU
FOSS@MAGIC Research Associate
Co-founder & CDO of Udio Ventures
Github Student Programs
Co-founder & CEO of Udio Ventures
During the judging period judges will review projects applicable to their category. Judges will have the final say as to who wins.