Submission period: April 13, 2018 @ 9:00am EST - May 1, 2018 @5:00pm EST
Judging period: May 3, 2018 @ 9:00am EST - May 5, 2018 @ 5:00pm EST
Winners will be announced: May 7, 2018 @ 5:00pm EST
- Create anything your heart desires. Software, hardware - it doesn’t matter.
- You must be an eligible individual in order to receive a prize in this competition
- The project you create must be created during the submission period. Pre-existing projects are not eligible.
- Your submission must contain a detailed description and detailed demo video (under 5 minutes) outlining your projects functionality and features.
- Don’t cheat
- Have fun.
*Rules and terms of competition may change at any time.
Eligibility & Teams
This competition is open to eligible individuals who are:
- 18 years of age or older
- A current college student (full-time or part-time)
- A resident of the 48 contiguous United States plus Washington D.C.
If you do not meet one or more of the above requirements you are not an eligible individual.
If you are not an eligible individual you will not be eligible to win prizes however you can still submit your project. If your team contains an ineligible individual they will not be eligible to receive prizes, however everyone else who is an eligible individual will be able to receive prizes.
This competition is not open to:
- Anyone under the age of 18
- Anyone who is not a full-time or part-time college student
- Residents outside of the 48 contiguous United States plus Washington D.C.
Teams can contain between 1 and no more than 4 eligible members. If a team contains an ineligible individual that ineligible individual will not be eligible to receive prizes, however all other team members who are eligible individuals will be able to receive prizes.
You are more than welcome to team up with people from different schools.
You can submit more than one project to this competition.
- Create anything your heart desires and most importantly have fun doing it :)
- If you are entering a specific category your project must be relevant to that category in order to be eligible to win a prize for that category.
Each submission must:
- Contain a detailed description that explains the functionality and features of your project.
- Contain a video demo which must:
- Be less than 5 minutes.
- Include footage that clearly explains your projects features and functionality through a comprehensive demonstration.
- Be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo and be made public, and a link to the video must be provided as part of your submission.
- Not include third party trademarks, or copyrighted music or other material unless the Maker has permission to use such material.
- Not infringe on any third party’s intellectual property, including featuring names and images of people without their permission.
- Not contain any participation of anyone who is under the age of 18.
- Comply with Devpost Community Guidelines.
- Have been created during the submission period. Pre-existing projects are not eligible.
- If applicable you can add images/screenshots to enhance the explanation of your projects features and functionality.
- If applicable you may add links to GitHub repos, websites, app store downloads or any other mediums that will benefit your project.
Submission Rights & Display
- Maker Rights: Any applicable intellectual property rights to a Submission will remain with the Maker.
- By entering the Competition, you grant the organizer and any other third parties acting on the organizers behalf, a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide perpetual license to display publicly and use for promotional purposes your submission, in perpetuity. This license includes, but is not limited to, posting or linking to your submission on websites and applications, and display and promotion of your submission in any other media, worldwide.
- The following submission components may be displayed to the public: name, description, images, video URL, website, URL, team members, the submission category and platform, and submitter type. Other submission materials may be viewed by the organizer and judges for screening and evaluation.
- Makers represent and warrant that the organizer and competition partners are free to use makers’ submission in the manner described above, as provided or as modified by the organizer, without obtaining permission or license from any third party and without any compensation to makers.
Prizes and Winner Selection
- Prizes will be listed in the prizes section of the hackathon page (https://hackanywhere.devpost.com/).
- Once the submission period ends all submissions will be reviewed by administrator for eligibility and compliance with rules and Devpost community guidelines.
- During the judging period judges will review projects applicable to their category. Judges will have the final say as to who wins.
- If it is revealed cheating has taken place by a team or individual, the offending project will be disqualified and judges will need to choose a new winner.